Zoom - Copying recordings to Kaltura
On the University of Wisconsin System (except for UW Madison) instance of Zoom, cloud recordings are only stored online for a limited period of time. For longer-term storage, users may want to manually transfer Zoom cloud recordings to Kaltura, the University of Wisconsin's enterprise video platform.
For information on how long Zoom cloud recordings are kept on the UW System Zoom servers, see Zoom - Service Overview.
There is no automated way to move recordings from the UW's instance of Zoom to its instance of Kaltura. Users must download each video from Zoom and then upload it to Kaltura.
Downloading from Zoom
1) Log in to the University of Wisconsin Zoom portal at: https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us/
2) Follow the download instructions in Zoom's Managing and sharing cloud recordings guide.
3) Save the recording on your local machine.
Uploading to Kaltura
1) If you are using Canvas: Kaltura (Canvas) - Uploading Videos.
2) If you are NOT using Canvas: Kaltura - Mediaspace service overview.
For More Information
For more information about Zoom Cloud Recordings, see Zoom's Starting a cloud recording and Managing and sharing cloud recordings guides.
For more information about Kaltura, see Kaltura - Mediaspace service overview.