Zoom - Service Overview
Zoom is a University of Wisconsin System-wide web conference service used for video, voice, virtual classrooms, online meetings, screen sharing, chat, and webinars. Zoom can be accessed via Canvas, mobile devices, desktop computers, telephones, and classroom systems. Although individuals, departments, or campuses may have previously used their own Zoom licenses, the UW System’s enterprise-wide Education license provides increased features, support, and interoperability.
Audience and Use
Consolidating Existing Zoom Accounts
- UW System Zoom Portal: https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us/
- Microsoft Outlook - UW users have access to two different ways to integrate Microsoft Outlook with Zoom:
- Microsoft Outlook plugin - Windows only. This option supports scheduling delegation through Outlook.
- Zoom for Outlook add-in - MacOS, Windows, or Outlook web interface. May need to be deployed by Outlook administrator.
- Outlook Plugin and Add-in Comparison
- Desktop application (Windows or MacOS)
- iOS or Android app
User Profile and Settings
- add a profile picture
- Update their name
- Add personal pronouns
- Set meeting preferences
- Getting Started
- Scheduling Meetings
- Joining a Meeting
- Sharing Content
- Recordings will be kept on Zoom's servers for 120 days from recording date. Going forward, UW System may adjust this number to stay within our storage allotment.
- Users can keep recordings for longer by downloading them from Zoom and uploading them to Kaltura.
- If users have recordings from individual, department, or campus Zoom accounts which are merging into the UW System account, recordings more than 120 days old will be deleted during the consolidation.
- Free online Zoom training webinars (Zoom)
- University of Wisconsin-hosted Training & Support (UWSA)
- Recorded training sessions (Zoom)
- Video tutorials (Zoom)
- Meeting and Webinar Best Practices and Resources (Zoom)
- Users can also log into Zoom, click “Resources” on the top right menu and then select “Live Training” or “Webinars and Events.”
- self-service help
- 24x7 chat support for end-users
- 24x7 phone support for end-users
- Direct access to Tier 2 support for licensed administrators
- Priority response and automated escalation