Topics Map > Canvas > External Applications
Canvas - Integration - iClicker Sync by Macmillan Learning
The Macmillan Learning iClicker Sync integration for Canvas has been approved for use in the Digital Learning Environment. This app supports grade sync with iClicker Cloud for students using iClicker Reef and remotes. Scores can be synchronized as multiple columns or as an aggregated total.iClickers allow professors to engage students with the content, check for understanding of content, encourage peer to peer interaction and problem solving, use low stakes quizzes that can be graded immediately, and allow for attendance to be taken automatically.
There are no costs for the integration. Students have a small fee for either a subscription or for purchasing an iClicker device.
The first six steps can be completed by an admin or instructor.
- From Settings > Apps, locate the iClicker Sync app
- Copy the configuration URL from the EduAppCenter
- In Settings > Apps, add the new app
- Choose “By URL” as the configuration type.
- Enter the name of the app, the consumer key, the shared secret, and paste the configuration URL
- Click Submit
For the instructor: 1. Select the destination course 2. In the course Settings, go to the Navigation tab 3. Drag and drop the app into your navigation to make it visible to students in your course