Topics Map > Canvas > External Applications
Canvas - Integration - MyOpenMath
MyOpenMath is approved for use within the Digital Learning System (DLE) This product is classified as “Freemium” software and doesn’t require a special license.
- MyOpenMath is a free, open source, online course management system for mathematics and other quantitative fields. MyOpenMath's primary emphasis is to facilitate the creation and implementation of online homework and assessment, although it also supports content delivery on a limited basis.
- MyOpenMath runs on the open source IMathAS platform, providing free hosted use of this platform in support of free, open textbooks like the ones listed on OpenTextBookStore.com. The intent is to provide classroom use of the platform, without any required cost to students, for schools wanting a managed install of the IMathAS platform, and to provide students self-study opportunities.
- MyOpenMath.com is operated by the non-profit organization MyOpenMath.
- MyOpenMath operates using a "freemium" model. Use of the site is and will always be available for free.
- For institutions wanting a service level agreement and data sharing contract, as well as access to additional administrative features, these are available for a low-cost annual hosting fee paid by the institution. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- MyOpenMath does not provide direct student or instructor support services, regardless of your service tier.
Community-based support is available through active, open support forums and training videos. MyOpenMath does not provide direct support for instructors or students.
The instructor creates an account with MyOpenMath. The key and secret is assigned to the instructor for adding the content to their course using the LTI.
*This information is copied directly from the vendor's web site (https://www.myopenmath.com)