University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-05-29
approved June 3, 2013
May 29, 2013
Present: Cook, Fair, Lipton, Petty
Absent: Lipton, Scheufele
1. The meeting began at 1:30 p.m.
2. The UC determined that it has fulfilled its commitment to request a follow-up statement regarding the Michele Basso grievance from the provost and the vice chancellor for research and dean of the graduate school.
3. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Fair to approve the minutes of the meetings of May 13, 2013 with one amendment. Unanimous.
4. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Petty to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
5. Reconvene in open session at 4:32 p.m.
6. Steve Cramer briefed the provost and the UC about the direction of the Ad Hoc Tuition Policy Committee’s report, which is scheduled to be released in July. The UC provided feedback.
7. In response to a request from human resources about a policy for a potential 2013-14 pay plan, the UC advises human resources to incorporate an across the board raise, continue to fund CCF, and retain all of the Stern tools.
8. Motion by Bernard-Donals, second by Fair to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
9. Reconvene in open session at 5:25 p.m.
10. The meeting adjourned at 5:35 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Andrea Poehling, secretary of the faculty