University Committee Meeting Minutes 2013-08-05
University Committee Meeting Minutes
approved August 12, 2013
August 5, 2013
Present: Bernard-Donals, Cook, Fair, Farrar-Edwards, Petty
1. The meeting began at 1:00 p.m.
2. The University Committee recommends that the provost release the Division of International Studies report before the end of the summer.
3. The UC generally supports the operating policies for development and will direct questions to the chancellor.
4. The University Committee will organize a shared governance workshop for Chapter 6 committee and ad hoc committee chairs on August 29 from 3:00 to 4:30, and will recommend that a similar discussion be held during a future chairs chat.
5. The committee received an update on faculty bullying from the Ombuds Program
6. The University Committee reviewed the proposed changes to Faculty Policies and Procedures related to the course approval process and requests that the Ad Hoc Interdivisional Curriculum Committee consider moving the committee to FPP Chapter 6 and adding a statement to the end of B.1. that states that the university curriculum committee’s recommendation is submitted to the appropriate dean for final action.
7. The committee received an update from the Committee on Access and Accommodation in Instruction.
8. Motion by Cook, second by Farrar-Edwards to convene in closed session pursuant to Wis. Stats. 19.85(1)(c), and (f) to discuss personnel matters. Unanimous.
9. The committee reconvened in open session at 4:35 p.m.
10. The meeting adjourned at 4:46 p.m.