KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - Purging Content in Trash Queue Documents
Once a document has been deleted (e.g. moved into the Trash queue) only someone with "Publish" rights can Purge the document content. This document explains how to Purge a document found in the Trash queue and will tell you what becomes of that content.
Once a document has been deleted, as explained here KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - Changing a Document's Status to "Deleted", you can Purge the document from the KB System, entirely.
Purge the Content of a Document with the status of Deleted
- Open the KB Admin Tools and click on the Documents tab.
- Click on the Trash link on the left navigation bar.
- You will see a screen called Deleted Documents. At the far right of the table is a column entitled Purge. See the red arrow in the image below to see the Purge column.
- Locate your intended document. Admins with Publish rights may click the Purge button on the same row. By clicking on Purge button, you will delete all values in all fields of the Edit form.
- The Show comments and events field will still be populated to indicate that the document was, indeed, Purged.
- The image below shows the the date and time a document was Purged in the Show Comments and Events log located at the bottom of the editor screen
- After you click on the Purge button, you will receive a pop up message. If you are certain you are purging the correct document, then click the OK button.
After you Purge Document Content
Once you click the OK button in the pop up message, the document number you purged will be:
- seen in the Documents tab > Trash queue > Deleted Documents screen
- the document Title is renamed to "Document content purged, document ID ready to be reused!"
- the document Status will change to Deleted
- the Purge field will be grayed out.
The "Empty Trash" Button
This button only appears to members of the UW KB Team, the Super Admins.
- Note: Users may contact the KB Team to have their Trash fully purged.
SuperAdmins who click this button will delete documents from the Trash queue.
However, Purged documents, will remain in the Trash queue until you are ready to recycle them.