Kaltura - How to add a captions file to media in MediaSpace (UW-Madison)
This document describes how to add a captions file to your media in Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit.
- Click on the media’s Edit button which looks like a pencil:
- Click on the Captions tab:
- Click the Upload captions file button:
- An Upload a captions file window will open:
- Click Browse and select an SRT or DFXP caption file.
- Click the Select language drop-down menu to select the caption language.
- Enter a label for the caption. This is what will display for the user when they click the caption button while playing back your media.
- Click Save to upload the file.
- The file is added to a table on the media's Captions tab and is an option for users to display when viewing your media when they click the CC button:
- Media Transcription and Captioning - Service Description and Support Resources - University of Wisconsin
- Accessibility - Media Transcription and Captioning - Contract Vendor Comparison - University of Wisconsin
- Kaltura - Known Issue - Kaltura MediaSpace does not allow users to add caption files (srt) to audio files (UW-Madison)
- Kaltura at UW-Madison: Known Issues, Workarounds, and Best Practices
- Kaltura at UW-Madison: Creating a Custom .SRT File for Subtitles