SpectrumU - Service Description
This document gives an overview of SpectrumU.
SpectrumU is an app offered by Spectrum that allows UW-Madison students, faculty, and staff to stream Spectrum television over the campus network. To connect to the service, users can download the necessary app through the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android) and install it on their mobile devices.
For more information, see [Link for document 38722 is unavailable at this time.].
- Only works on iPad, Roku (2nd gen or later), Apple TVs (4th gen or later), iPhone on iOS 5.1 and above, and Android devices running 4.0 and higher
- Roku devices with SpectrumTV installed prior to December 2020 can watch SpectrumU until December 2022
- Roku devices are no longer allowed to download SpectrumTV as of December 2020
The following restrictions also apply to the use of SpectrumU:
- User must be physically located on campus. This does not include connection through WiscVPN, which is neither permitted nor supported.
- User must be using the official SpectrumU App downloaded from the App Store or Play Store.
- Devices that are "rooted" or "unlocked" may not work with SpectrumU.
The SpectrumU app is available for download on compatible devices via the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
SpectrumU can also be accessed at https://watch.spectrum.net/livetv.