UW-Madison Google Workspace - Transfer Google Workspace data to another Google account
The following document provides recommendations for transferring Google Workspace data to another UW-Madison Google Workspace account.
Recommended strategies for backing up and transferring Google Workspace data.
- Transfer ownership of Google Drive files to another account
Option 1: Google Drive - Transfer File Ownership
Option 2: Search for owner:me or owner: firstname lastname (e.g., owner: bucky badger) in Google Drive
- Log into your UW-Madison Google Drive account.
- Search for owner:me to see a list of all content owned by your email@example.com account or owner: firstname lastname to find files owned by a specific individual.
- Select all files.
- Follow instructions provided in option 1 to transfer ownership of folders/files.
- Export Google Drive files
- Export Google Workspace data using Google Takeout
- Copy Google Sites to a different Google Workspace account
- View additional options for backing up Google Workspace data