Learn@UW - Login Procedures for UW-Madison
The login procedure for UW-Madison faculty and students is as follows:
A user may have a Campus account or a Special Internal account. Most instructors and students have Campus accounts. Special Internal accounts are created within the D2L Learning Environment and are typically used for guests and test accounts. The following rules apply only to Campus accounts:
Username and Password
UW-Madison participants use their NetID username/password to login into Learn@UW. The UW-Madison instance is using LDAP for external authentication.
The only exceptions – and there are very few of them – are usernames for test students or visitors from off campus.
The logon page for UWMAD is https://learnuw.wisc.edu .
- If you have a Campus account, press the red "UW NetID Login" button.
- If you have a Special Internal account, press the black "Visitor Login" button.
Troubleshooting UW-Madison Login Problems
- Refer to Learn@UW - General Troubleshooting Steps for Login Problems.
- For Campus accounts, Make sure that the NetID is currently active.
- If the user with a Campus account has activated his/her NetID, and cannot access Learn@UW or the MyUW-Madison portal, the Help Desk should reset the NetID password and have the caller try accessing the portal and Learn@UW again.
- If the user can access the portal but cannot access their Learn@UW class from the course link on their Academic tab, have the user try logging into Learn@UW directly using the https://uwmad.courses.wisconsin.edu URL.
- If the user with a Campus account has not activated their NetID, have them do so, then retry the Learn@UW login, using the NetID username and password. The new account will not be available in Learn@UW for a day, so inform the user that he/she may not be able to access their Learn@UW course(s) for 24 hours.