L&S Curriculum Committee: Role and Members
The L&S Curriculum Committee advises the Dean on the integrity of the undergraduate degree requirements and changes to requirements for L&S majors. The committee's work is conducted with an emphasis on safeguarding the principles of degree programs in the liberal arts and sciences.
The L&S Curriculum Committee
The L&S Curriculum Committee serves as the primary college-level committee on matters related to courses, academic programs, and college-wide curricular concerns, as well as advise the Dean on current curricular issues in the college. This includes:
- Reviewing proposals to add, change, or delete L&S courses; and to add or change breadth, level, or other designations, including the Liberal Arts and Science designation, which allows non-L&S courses to count toward the L&S degree requirements.
- Reviewing program proposals, including changes to L&S undergraduate and graduate programs (including majors, certificates, capstone certificates and graduate minors), The committee also reviews and provides provides advice to the L&S APC about the proposed curriculum for new programs.
- Overall consideration of the integrity of the undergraduate degree requirements and changes to requirements for L&S majors.
- Adding, changing or removing of L&S curricular policies (often done in consultation with L&S APC and the Dean).
- At the Dean's request, the committee considers other issues related to undergraduate education for purposes of advising him, the faculty and L&S departments and programs, or the L&S division of Student Academic Affairs.
Professor Susan Ridgely (Religious Studies) chairs the committee for 2023-2024
Kimbrin Cornelius, L&S Administration (Teaching and Learning Administration)
Shirin Malekpour, L&S Administration (Teaching and Learning Administration)
Mike Pflieger, L&S Student Academic Affairs (Undergraduate Academic Services, DARS)
TBD, L&S Academic Dean's Services