WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Account Eligibility and Obtaining Access
WiscWeb is a content management system intended for use by departments.
- Eligibility Policy
- Getting Access
- Alternative Options
- Retired faculty/staff/emeriti (Not eligible for personal use)
- Students (Not eligible for personal use)
- Personal use sites
- Faculty profile sites (Lab sites accepted. More details in WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Options for Faculty Profiles)
- Registered Student Organizations
- Student Organizations
- Sensitive/restricted data
- Protected Sites
- Community/non-profit organizations and events (regardless of their relation to University research or initiatives)
- Sites unrelated to the goals and mission of the University
Visit the WiscWeb website for more information on how to get started.
Users can request a new WiscWeb site by filling out the New Site Request form.
The following options are recommended for sites that are not approved for use under WiscWeb:
- The Wisconsin Involvement Network (WIN) can be used for Registered Student Organization sites.
- Google Sites can be used for student org, personal, and faculty profile websites. Please note that while Google Sites is available to all students and staff, support for this tool is limited on campus.
- Free Content Management Systems (CMS) also can be used for student org and personal websites.
- Visit WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Options for Faculty Profiles for options for faculty profile websites