NIH STRIDES Program Offerings
NIH Science and Technology Research Infrastructure for Discovery, Experimentation, and Sustainability (STRIDES) Initiative gives discounted access to Public Cloud resources for NIH funded researchers.
If you are an NIH funded researcher, you have the ability to access discounted public cloud resources through the NIH Science and Technology Research Infrastructure for Discovery, Experimentation, and Sustainability (STRIDES) Initiative. All NIH-funded researchers can access the STRIDES pricing, it is not limited to certain grant types nor do you have to have enrolled at the start of your research or program.
UW-Madison has an agreement in place for STRIDES in Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Discounts. The STRIDES program offers deeper discounts on cloud computing to NIH funded researchers
- Carahsoft is our reseller for Google Cloud and provides discounts based on the STRIDES GCP Price Table. All discounts are based on commercially available rates (GCP price calculator).
- FourPoints is our reseller for Amazon Web Services, and provides discounts based on the STRIDES AWS Price Table. All discounts are based on commercially available rates (AWS price calculator)
- This pricing is separate from discounts available to all UW accounts, which are at or below commercially available rates (GCP - Google Cloud Platform Pricing )
- Additional Support. Access to professional service consultations and technical support from the STRIDES Initiative partners. This is in addition to support provided by the DoIT Cloud team to all UW accounts.
- Training. Access to training for researchers, data owners, and others to help ensure optimal use of available tools and technologies.
Additionally, the UW public cloud team can help support you in transitioning an existing account into to the STRIDES program, or back out of the program if your work continues on under a different funding arrangement. No data or configuration will need to be moved or changed as part of this transition.
To get started, fill out the cloud account request & indicate you have NIH funding. Please select the NIH (STRIDES) option, to be prompted to provide information about your grant and NIH program officer, which is tracked by NIH to confirm your eligibility for the program. If you already have an AWS or GCP account, just contact the cloud team with information about your grant (name, short description, grant number and program officer), and we can transition your account to the discounted pricing model.
Feel free to contact us with questions or for more information ( Contact the Public Cloud Team )