WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Embedding a Box File Upload Option
The WiscWeb service allows its users the ability to embed functionality to upload items to a Box directory. This document walks you through this process.
Finding and Copying Box Embed Code
You will first need the code from your Box file that you want to embed before placing it on a web page.
- Navigate your browser to https://uwmadison.account.box.com/login to log in to your UW-Madison Box directory.
- You will need to create a folder that you want items to be uploaded to.
- Find the folder that you want to allow uploading to, and click the three dots icon to the right.
- In the menu that appears, click on the File Request menu option.
- In the next window that appears, make sure the slider is set to Link is enabled. To the right, click the </> icon to copy the required embed code for your WiscWeb site.
Embedding Item on a WiscWeb Page
Now that you have your embed code, you can navigate your browser to your WiscWeb dashboard and edit the page or post that you are going to place this item on.
In a Text Editor text area, Paste the copied text directly into the Visual tab of the text editor. The embed functionality will automatically place the upload container into the text area and display it.
Once you have published your page, visitors to your site will now have the ability to add items to the designated folder through either Drag & Drop of files or by clicking the Select Files button.