KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - Upload a Video into Kaltura MediaSpace to Embed into a KB Document
UW Madison users may log into embed their Kaltura MediaSpace media into a KB document.This document shows you how to upload your video where the settings are set to Private. This document will then show you how to get the embed code out of Kaltura MediaSpace and enter it into a KB document.
Log Into Kaltura Media Space
- Go to https://mediaspace.wisc.edu.
- If the button in the upper-right corner displays the word Guest, you are not logged in. In the image below, the Guest button on the far right corner is circled in red.
- Click on the down arrow on the Guest button to see the drop down menu, click on Login. The image below shows the Login selection circled in red.
- After you login with your credentials, you will see your name in the upper right corner where the Guest button used to be.
Upload Video into Kaltura MediaSpace
- Locate the Add New button next to your name.
- Click on the down arrow next to the Add New to reveal the drop down menu, Select Media Upload.
- You will be led to a page that says Upload Media. Click on the Choose a file to upload button.
- You will receive a confirmation of the download. In the image below, the name of the file is circled in red.
- Complete all the fields in the Please fill out these details section of the page.
- Make sure Private - Media page will be visible to the content owner only radio button is selected. Click on the Save button to save your changes.
Embed a Video that resides in Kaltura MediaSpace into a KB Document
- Click on the down arrow next to your name. Select My Media from the drop down menu.
- Double click on the thumbnail image or the title of the selected video. Note that there is a blue bar on the bottom of the thumbnail image that says PRIVATE.
- Click on the Share button underneath the image of the video.
Link to Media Page
- When you click on the Share Options button, you will be presented with three tabs. The first and defaulted tab is the Link to Media Page. As you recall, you set your video to Private. If you were to place the link presented in this window into a KB document, only the OWNER of the Kaltura MediaSpace video would be able to view it from within the KB document.
Anyone else who clicks on this link in a KB document will be led to the Kaltura MediaSpace Page with an error message that says Access Denied.
- Click on the Embed tab.
- Select a Video Player (for more information about the video players, please refer to this link)
- Main - default selection - clicking on the i (Information) icon in the upper right corner shows the information you entered for your video (e.g. any description or links you provided). The image below shows the i icon circled in red.
- Main + Download - Choosing this video player means your video can be downloaded from within the KB document by clicking on the download folder in the upper right corner (circled in red in the image below)..
- Main + Social - Choosing this video player means your video can be shared from within the KB document by clicking on the Share button on the upper right corner. The image below shoes the shared icon circled in red.
- Main + Social + Download - Choosing this video player means that your video can can downloaded and/or shared when viewed from within a KB document. The icons are circled in red in the image below.
<iframe id="kaltura_player" src="https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/1660902/sp/166090200/embedIframeJs/uiconf_id/25717641/partner_id/1660902?iframeembed=true&playerId=kaltura_player&entry_id=0_pglasz21&flashvars[localizationCode]=en&flashvars[leadWithHTML5]=true&flashvars[sideBarContainer.plugin]=true&flashvars[sideBarContainer.position]=left&flashvars[sideBarContainer.clickToClose]=true&flashvars[chapters.plugin]=true&flashvars[chapters.layout]=vertical&flashvars[chapters.thumbnailRotator]=false&flashvars[streamSelector.plugin]=true&flashvars[EmbedPlayer.SpinnerTarget]=videoHolder&flashvars[dualScreen.plugin]=true&&wid=0_t7vdli8h" allowfullscreen="" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>
- Security Note: Please know that the embedded video link is discoverable in the source code and can be copied into a url and viewed.