Canvas - June 17 2023 Release
Posted: 2023-06-19 09:56:03 Expiration: 2023-06-26 09:56:03
The University of Wisconsin System instance of Canvas held a meeting on May 23, 2023, to review upcoming features in Canvas. New Features available in Canvas after 06/17/2022
New Features available in Canvas after 06/17/2023
- Modules - Bulk Publish and Unpublish: Instructors can bulk publish all modules or individual modules. Instructors have the option to publish all modules and items, publish all modules only, or unpublish all modules and items. Additionally, the publish icon on individual modules is updated to include a Module status menu.
- New Quizzes - Rich Content Editor: This update provides instructors the ability to utilize the accessibility checker on questions and instructions, add media recordings within New Quizzes, and change the view between the HTML editor and classic view for advanced users.
- New Quizzes - Third Party Apps: In New Quizzes, the Rich Content Editor supports adding content using third-party apps.
- New Quizzes - Zero Point Quizzes: Instructors can choose to not display a column in the gradebook or student page when creating a zero-point practice New Quiz. This functionally adds a way for instructors to have Practice Quizzes.
- LTI 1.1 - Beta Environment Launch URL Update: After the weekly beta refresh, URLs for the LTI 1.1 tools are updated when launched.
-- UWSA DLE: Shane Degen