Canvas (Support) - Wait times for Instructure support
Posted: 10:21:09, Monday, Aug 31, 2020 Expiration: 10:21:09, Monday, Sep 7, 2020
As the Fall semester approaches, University of Wisconsin System users have been experiencing longer-than-expected wait times to have Canvas questions answered by Instructure Tier 1 support. This is the case for questions asked via chat, phone, or email. The UWSA DLE team is working with Instructure to improve the situation.
Instructure has released a public statement outlining the steps they've already taken to reduce Tier 1 support wait times since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- Hiring more support staff ([they] haven’t stopped hiring since March)
- Bringing partners on to help with the increased number of requests
- Assembling internal experts to help answer support questions in the queue
- Ramping up Canvas Coaches to provide more help in the Community
- Live streaming on 8.17 (and beyond) with expert Canvas Consultants, to address the top issues that are being reported to Support (Quizzes, Gradebook, Assignments, Cross List Sections, and Importing Course Content)
In the meantime, we ask that users seek answers in the Canvas Guides and Canvas Community, take advantage of the Canvas Resources to Help Educators at the bottom of Instructure's Raising Our Commitment to Global Support page, and display as much patience as possible while seeking assistance from Canvas Tier 1 support.
-- UWSA DLE: Thomas Arendalkowski
Created: 05:42:41, Monday, Aug 31, 2020 (by Thomas A.)
Updated: 11:19:16, Monday, Aug 31, 2020 (by Thomas A.)