May 2020 Canvas Release
Posted: 15:41:18, Wednesday, May 13, 2020 Expiration: 15:41:18, Wednesday, May 20, 2020
The University of Wisconsin System instance of Canvas held a meeting on May 12, 2020, to review upcoming features in Canvas.
New features in Canvas available on the UW-System instance after 05/24/2020:
- Course Settings: Link Validator Celebration. The Confetti for Valid Links feature option displays confetti for instructors who run the link validator on a course and no issues are found.
- Confetti for On-Time Submissions. Canvas generates a virtual celebration when students submit assignments on time. Celebrations take place in Canvas for on-time submissions, which include both an initial submission and any resubmissions for any file type before an assignment due date.
- Help for Unpublished Courses (also referred to as Instructor Publishing Improvements) The Dashboard, Courses menu, and All Courses page display both published and unpublished courses. This change helps instructors see what courses are unpublished in various Canvas locations.
- New User Tutorial New Instructor Tutorials display for instructors in newly created courses.
- Product Tour (Admin) Canvas provides a welcome tour for admins that guides them through transitioning their institution for online learning.
- Product Tour (Instructor) This change displays a welcome tour to orient instructors and guide them toward Canvas best practices and resources in the Canvas Community.
- Product Tour (Student) Canvas provides a welcome tour for students that guides them through getting started with a Canvas course.
- Assignment Allowed Attempts (currently set to allow) This feature allows instructors to limit submission attempts for students.
- Rich Content Editor Auto Save (currently set to allow) In pages with one Rich Content Editor, the editor autosaves any content that hasn’t yet been submitted for up to one hour.
-- UWSA DLE: Karla Clausen
Created: 10:49:14, Wednesday, May 13, 2020 (by Karla C.)
Updated: 16:01:50, Wednesday, May 13, 2020 (by Thomas A.)