April 2020 Canvas Release
Posted: 14:12:09, Tuesday, Apr 14, 2020 Expiration: 14:12:09, Tuesday, Apr 21, 2020
The University of Wisconsin System instance of Canvas held a meeting on April 14, 2020, to review upcoming features in Canvas.
New features in Canvas available after April 18, 2020:
- Notifications: Mute Notifications by Course. Allows users to mute notifications for a course.
- Assignments: On-Time Submission Celebrations* Feature option that generates a virtual celebration when students submit assignments on time.
- Assignments: Limited Submission Attempts* Instructors will be able to set the number of submissions that can be made for a Canvas assignment.
- Gradebook: Assignment Header Menu SpeedGrader Link. In the Gradebook, there is now a link to SpeedGrader in the headers of assignments.
- New Quizzes: Multiple Answer Partial Scoring. Multiple Answer questions allow instructors to award students partial credit with penalty if a student selects an incorrect response.
- Rubrics: Course Navigation Rubrics Link. The Rubrics tool is now a Navigation menu link instead of a part of the Outcomes tool.
Link to meeting recording: https://us-lti.bbcollab.com/recording/97b9a67b25284b95952abfd45f8722ad
The Release Notes document http://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle/93835 includes a summary of the released features, a link to the official Canvas Release Notes, and links to the recordings from the meetings.
-- UWSA DLE: Karla Clausen
Created: 09:22:17, Tuesday, Apr 14, 2020 (by Karla C.)
Updated: 14:27:52, Tuesday, Apr 14, 2020 (by Karla C.)