March 21, 2020 Canvas Release
Posted: 10:15:31, Tuesday, Mar 17, 2020 Expiration: 10:15:31, Tuesday, Mar 24, 2020
The University of Wisconsin System instance of Canvas held a meeting on March 17, 2020, to review upcoming features in Canvas.
New features in Canvas available after March 21, 2020:
- When instructors download all submissions for an assignment and then re-upload them as a zip file, clicking the Upload Files button displays a status page. This page indicates that the files are being processed, which may take a while depending on the file size. Instructors can navigate away from the assignment page if needed. Previously instructors had to wait for all files to be uploaded before they could leave the page.
- The Gradebook export CSV file will now match the order in which the assignments appear in the Assignments page.
- For plagiarism tools, updated plagiarism icons display in the Gradebook, SpeedGrader, and the student Grades page.
- The New Rich Content Editor will now autosave any content that hasn't been saved for up to one hour. It is browser specific and will only display in pages with one Rich Content Editor such as pages and assignments.
- For instructors, the Syllabus page includes an option to remove the Course Summary Section. The summary button is enabled by default and when unchecked, all other viewers in the course will also not be able to view the course summary.
The Release Notes document http://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle/93835 includes a summary of the released features, a link to the official Canvas Release Notes, and links to the recordings from the meetings.
-- UWSA DLE: Karla Clausen
Created: 05:17:30, Tuesday, Mar 17, 2020 (by Karla C.)
Updated: 10:17:43, Tuesday, Mar 17, 2020 (by Karla C.)