November 2019 Canvas Release Notes meeting
Posted: 2019-11-13 09:47:54 Expiration: 2019-11-20 09:07:54
The University of Wisconsin System instance of Canvas held a meeting on November 12, 2019 to review upcoming features in Canvas.
New features available after November 16, 2019:
- The new Analytics tool has been set to "Allow" in our instance and Analytics Beta has also returned. Instructors can toggle between the tools.
- In the Help menu, the top link is to the "Training Services Portal" with access to view upcoming training opportunities and pre-recorded video training.
- Microsoft Immersive Reader is now available. Every Canvas page within a course will display an "Immersive Reader" button. More information: https://education.microsoft.com/courses-and-resources/resources/all-about-immersive-reader
- The plagiarism icons in New Gradebook have been delayed and will not be included in this release.
- The Rich Content Editor enhancements have been delayed and will not be included in this release.
- Users can unfavorite previously favorited courses from the "Course Card Options" menu on the course card.
- Instructors can manually submit quizzes on behalf of their students, specifically for situations where a quiz will never auto-submit because it is missing a timer and/or a due date.
The Release Notes document http://kb.wisconsin.edu/dle/93835 includes a summary of the released features, a link to the official Canvas Release Notes, and links to the recordings from the meetings.
-- UWSA DLE: Karla Clausen