Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Updates - 03/21/2019
Posted: 16:08:05, Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 Expiration: 16:08:05, Thursday, Mar 28, 2019
Several updates have been made to the Blackboard Collaborate Ultra webconference service: ending browser support for Internet Explorer (and other browser support changes), features for monitoring users' connection quality, and additional polling features.
1. Browser support:
- Ending support for browsers which don't support WebRTC, and require use of Adobe Flash. Depreciated browswers include Internet Explorer 11 on Windows and Safari 10 on Mac.
- Adding WebRTC support for Safari 11 and 12 on Mac and Microsoft Edge on Windows.
- Adding (beta) WebRTC support for users on Safari in iOS11 and 12.
2. Connection quality indicators:
- Excellent: Attendee can share, see, and hear everything with no issues.
- Good: Attendee can share, see, and hear everything with little to no issues.
- Fair: Attendee may experience some changes in their experience.
- Poor: Attendee may have difficulty hearing, seeing, or sharing anything.
For more information
-- UWSA DLE: Thomas Arendalkowski
Created: 16:36:47, Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 (by Thomas A.)
Updated: 16:36:47, Thursday, Mar 21, 2019 (by Thomas A.)