Kaltura - Recording Video with Webcam Recorder
Kaltura is the video portal for instructors, students, and staff across the University of Wisconsin System. Kaltura's Webcam Recorder allows users to record simple webcam video and audio directly from within their browsers and upload them to their Kaltura account.
Kaltura's Webcam Recorder works within any WebRTC-enabled
internet browser and is entirely browser-based. No additional software or plugins are needed. The Webcam Recorder only offers basic webcam video and audio recording; users who want to record their screens or need advanced options should use Kaltura's other recording software, Kaltura Capture
Recording with Webcam Recorder
1) In Canvas, there are two paths to get to Kaltura's Webcam Recorder:
1a) Go to any Canvas Page, Assignment, Discussion, etc, which allows you to edit text. Click Edit or Reply to open the text editing view.
In the rich text editor, go to the External Tools drop-down > My Media.
1b) Go to Account > My Media
2) On the My Media page, click Add New then Webcam Recorder.
3) The Webcam Recorder will appear. If needed, click the gear icon at the top right to open Settings and choose which camera and microphone to record from.
4) Click the big red button to begin recording. A three-second countdown window will appear.
5) When you're done recording, click the Stop button.
6) Click Use This to upload the recording to your Kaltura account. Click Download a Copy to download a local copy of the file.
7) Fill out a Title, Description, and Publishing Status (Private / Unlisted / Published) for the video.
8) Click Save.