Kaltura (Capture) - Downloading multisource video
Sometimes University of Wisconsin System students, staff, or instructors want to download a local copy of multisource recordings that they made with Kaltura Capture. For example, they may have made a recording of simultaneous webcam video and screen sharing, and now they want to download both video sources to edit them. Kaltura makes it easy to download one of those two video sources (called the "parent" source), but makes it much harder to download the second source (called the "child" source). This guide shows users how to download both sources from a multisource Kaltura video which they own.
The following instructions are adapted from Kaltura's How to download a multi-stream media guide.
Users can follow these instructions to add a third source to their multisource video, which unlocks an option to choose which video source to download:
2) Click on Guest at the top right of the screen and log in using your institution's network credentials
3) Click on My Media at the top right of the MediaSpace screen.
5) On the Edit Media Page, click the Timeline tab.
6) Add a slide in the supported formats: JPG or PNG. It doesn't matter what's on the slide. You'll delete it again in step 11, below.
7) Click Save and View in Player to finish adding the extra slide.
8) The Content Selector icon (a stylized set of three overlapping screens) will now display on the right side of the video player. Click the Content Selector icon and select different source file to view.
9) Click on the Download video button at the top right of the video player to download the selected source file.
10) The selected source file will now download to your local machine. Open the file and play it locally to verify that it is the source file you want.
11) On the Timeline tab, select the excess slide and click Delete Slide. This removes the extra slide.