Sign In to Adobe Creative Cloud via Enterprise ID
This KB provides instructions for signing into Adobe Creative Cloud using an enterprise ID (i.e., a wisc.edu email address) provided by UW–Madison.
Table of Contents
Due to licensing changes made by Adobe following the release of Creative Cloud 2019, users are required to sign in to use Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Students, faculty, and staff who use a computer with an Adobe Shared Device License installed will need to use their campus-provided enterprise ID (i.e., their wisc.edu email address) in order to sign in to and use any Adobe Creative Cloud application.
If you do not have a wisc.edu email address, please refer to this KB to review your options (Sign-in options for Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Shared Device License)).
- Launch an Adobe Creative Cloud application (e.g., Photoshop, Premiere Pro).
- An Adobe login window will appear.
- Enter your wisc.edu email address (e.g., email@example.com) in the Email Address field.
- Leave the Password field blank.
- Click "Sign In."
- If you are redirected to a window with a listing that says, "Enterprise ID / Company or school account," select that option.
- A UW–Madison login window will appear.
- Enter your NetID (e.g., bbadger) in the NetID field.
- Enter your NetID password in the Password field.
- Click "Log In."
- If multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled for your NetID, authenticate via the Duo application.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud application you launched in Step #1 will appear.
- If an "Access Denied" window appears, please refer to this KB to review your options (Sign-in options for Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Shared Device License)).