How to Add Auto Printing Service Accounts to Outlook Desktop in Windows 10
This KB serves as instructions for anyone who wants to set up auto printing service account profiles in Windows 10 Outlook Desktop client, and have the auto printing rules carry over properly.
In order for auto printing rules to carry over for circ print service accounts, they must be added in a certain way. If the user's netid is linked to the service account, they cannot have their personal email address logged into on the outlook desktop app. So if the user's netID is linked to the service account, you cannot set up the auto printing service account(s) in addition to their personal account. Multiple service accounts, however, can be added. If the user's netID is not linked, they can have service accounts logged into on the same outlook desktop client as their personal account, and the auto printing rules will carry over fine.
If user's NetID is linked and they already have their personal account set up on outlook, follow the process below FIRST to remove the personal account from outlook. If not, you can skip to the steps underneath "Setting up the Outlook Desktop Profile" section of this article.
Removing Email Accounts from Outlook Desktop
1. Type "control panel" in the windows search bar in the bottom corner of the screen and hit "enter."
2. search "mail" in the top right corner of the popup.
3. "Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016)" should pop up. Click on it.
4. Click on the "show profiles" button.
5. The outlook profile should already be selected. Click the "remove" button.
6. Click "yes"
This will allow you to start fresh in setting up the outlook desktop profile.
Setting up the Outlook Desktop Profile:
1. Search "outlook" in the windows searchbar in the bottom corner of the screen, and hit "enter."
2. An option to add a profile name may come up. The name here does not matter, feel free to name it whatever. If this option does not come up, continue to step 3.
3. Enter in the email of the service account you are trying to add, and then replace the "@" sign before library with "_", and replace the "." between "library" and "wisc" with an "@".
For example, if the email you are trying to add is "firstname.lastname@example.org" you would change it to be "email@example.com". It is very important that the account get added in this way, as it is the only way that the rules get carried over.
4. There will be a popup to enter netid credentials. Enter credentials in this format:
Username: ServiceAccountName_library (example - memcircprint_library)
Password: The service account password. If you do not know this password, please contact your supervisor. If the supervisor does not know the password, please have them contact LTG.
5. Click "log in" and the account should now be added. If this is the only account you need, feel free to click "done." if you would like to add other accounts, repeat steps 2-4 using the same serviceAccountname_library@wisc.edu format, do this until you have added all necessary accounts to this outlook desktop profile. There will be an option to "add another email address" in the middle of this screen, and that is where you will enter the email.