Committee for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer People in the University
The Committee for GLBTQ People in the University is a group of nominated UW-Madison staff, students, and faculty members who address and advocate for equity and inclusivity for LGBTQ+ (transgender, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer) individuals. The official function of the committee is outlined in the Faculty Policies & Procedures:
- Recommends to administrative offices and governance bodies changes in university priorities, policies, practices, and programs that advance equity and diversity across the spectrum of gender identity and expression and sexual orientation.
- Consults and collaborates with administrative offices and governance bodies to advocate for an inclusive and respectful campus climate and culture for faculty, staff, and students across the spectrum of gender identity and expression and sexual orientation.
- Evaluates and monitors the status of GLBTQ members of the university community.
Current & Past Projects
- Ad Hoc Committee on Equitable & Inclusive Health Care - final report
- Healthcare Explainer
- Trans Health Townhall Follow-up
- Letter to WI Group Insurance Board (GIB) asking to withdraw the ETF exclusion of transgender-specific health care
- Letter from UW Chancellors to WI Group Insurance Board (GIB) asking to withdraw the ETF exclusion of transgender-specific health care
- Transgender Services Coverage - Correspondence Memorandum from Department of Employee Trust Funds to Group Insurance Board
- Endorsement of Academic Staff Resolution to Support Transgender Health Services
- Group Insurance Board Approves Transgender Health Benefits For State Of Wisconsin Workers
Gender Inclusive Restroom Facilities
- Gender Inclusive Restroom Facilities Task Force - Phase 1 Report
- UW-Madison Inclusive Facilities Policy and Procedures for all Buildings
Contact & Meeting Information
Committee Meetings will be held on the following dates at 12:00PM (noon) in the Student Activity Center, 4th floor, Room 4001:
2019: September 10, October 8, November 12, December 10
2020: January 21, February 11, March 10, April 14, May 12
To receive updates on committee meetings & events, subscribe to our listserv by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For committee membership and meeting schedule, go to: https://committeetracker.wisc.edu/Committee/Details/379