Guide to Installing R
This document details the instructions on how to install R for Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
- R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It compiles and runs on a wide variety of UNIX platforms, Windows and macOS. Manuals for R can be found here: http://cran.r-project.org/manuals.html
- R does not require any activation key, so do not worry about obtaining one.
Installation Procedure (Windows)
- Start Windows (Boot up the computer).
- Locate the "R-x.x.x-win.exe" file that you downloaded from the Campus Software Library and double click on it to open it. It should look like the file below, although the name may vary depending on the version of R you downloaded.
Installation Procedure (Mac)
- Start up the computer.
- Locate the "R-x.x.x.pkg" file that you downloaded from the Campus Software Library similar to the file below, and double click on it to begin the installation.