WiscWeb - WordPress UW Theme - Posts Listing Page Element
The Posts Listing page element will allow you to display your latest posts on a page. You can select the category and number of posts to display on the page. For an example, see the WiscWeb website.
In this document:
The Posts Listing page element can be used to display your newest posts to your site visitors. Posts can be used for a number of different purposes, including news articles, blog posts, site updates, general announcements, or even event updates.
- Navigate to the page on which you want to add the Posts Listing page element.
- Scroll to the Primary Content Area and the Layout on which you want to add the Latest Posts.
- At the bottom of that Layout, click on Add Page Element.
- On the Page Element list, click on Posts Listing.
The Posts Listing page element has the following options:
- Header text: Adds a title above the posts.
- What kind of post type?: Determine if you want all posts to be displayed; posts by certain categories to be displayed; or individual posts to be displayed.
- Show featured image?: Determine if you want the featured image of a post to be displayed.
- Number of posts: Determine the number of posts to display.
- Show Post Date: Display the date that a post was published on.
- Show excerpt?: Display an excerpt for the post(s).
- Show "More Posts" link: Gives users option to view all posts or more posts of a particular category.
- "More Posts" link text: The custom text for users to see instead of "More Posts."
- "More Posts" link URL: The URL to send users to when they click the "More Posts" link.