WiscWeb - Creating and Editing a Footer
The footer of your site is the content that appears at the very bottom in dark gray. This document will walk you through how to update that portion of your WiscWeb site.
In this document:
Accessing the footer
The footer menu can be located in WordPress by going to Appearance > Customize > Footer. Once you access the footer menu, you'll be presented with the following options.
- Campus Address: Insert your campus address in this field.
- Map URL: Insert a link to your physical location.
- Contact email: Insert your email address.
- Contact phone: insert your phone number.
- Facebook URL: Insert your Facebook URL. The footer will populate with a Facebook icon.
- Twitter URL: Insert your Twitter URL. The footer will populate with a Twitter icon.
- Instagram URL: Insert your Instagram URL. The footer will populate with an Instagram icon.
- YouTube URL: Insert your YouTube URL. The footer will populate with a YouTube icon.
- LinkedIn URL: Insert your LinkedIn URL. The footer will populate with a LinkedIn icon.
- Footer Menus: Choose a menu or two that you would like to appear in the menu. See the screenshots below to see how they appear on your site.
- Website issues contact: This email address is used at the bottom of the footer as a means of contact for any feedback, questions, or issues with the site itself. The email address defaults to the primary administrative contact address, but can be updated here.
Using menus in the footer
Before you put additional menus in you footer, you need to create them using WiscWeb - Creating and Editing a Menu.
After you have created a footer menu, you can select it for Footer Menu 1 or Footer Menu 2. The screenshots below will show you how those menus appear if you choose just one menu or two.