Adobe Premiere Pro - Getting Started (UW-Madison)
Adobe Premiere Pro is a tool for video editing and production. This page provides basic information on where to download Adobe Premiere Pro, and a list of resource on Premiere Pro both online and at UW-Madison.
DownloadAdobe Premiere Pro has been licensed by UW-System for use by faculty and staff on both UW- and personally-owned devices and by everyone on UW-owned machines provisioned with Shared Device Licensing. Please check with your local IT staff to see if they can install Adobe Premiere Pro for you or if there are departmental policies on use and support of Adobe products. Faculty and staff can download Premiere Pro by following the directions in KB doc 69772.
- Adobe Education Exchange Premiere Pro materials. The Adobe Education Exchange includes a link to the Up and Running with Adobe Premiere Pro workshop which is a good introduction to Premiere.
- Adobe TV Premiere Pro videos
- Adobe Premiere Pro tutorials
- Lynda.com has excellent tutorials on Adobe Premiere Pro. For a broad overview see Up and Running with Premiere Pro CS6. Even though a newer version of Premiere Pro is available on the UW-Madison Campus Software Library page, the tutorial is still relevant. For information on logging into Lynda.com please see [Link for document 21984 is unavailable at this time]
- You can also find many YouTube tutorials on Adobe Premiere Pro.
Documentation and Resources
- If you are a UW-Madison student and would like assistance with using Adobe Premiere Pro please contact DoIT STS through their "Ask a Trainer" service. Someone from STS will contact you within two business days to setup a consultation.
- Instructors, staff, and students can use the Adobe software suite at most UW-Madison computer labs.