Wireless UWNet Access for Guests and Affiliates
This document provides information for obtaining a guest UW Net ID for visiting speakers and conference attendees.
- Entomology, Plant Pathology, and Forest & Wildlife faculty, students, and staff; Hub staff
Guest wireless access is used to provide wireless internet access for individuals who are guests of the UW Madison Campus.
The Guest wireless access service is intended for people who are guests of campus for up to two weeks, such as conference attendees and visiting professors who are not enrolling as professors or students at the University.
- Guest wireless access can only access Wireless UWNet and WiscVPN dynamic profiles.
- A Guest wireless access does not grant access to the portal, calendar, email, or other NetID accessible utilities.
- It will last for a maximum of 14 days.
How to Obtain
Visit https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=22915 to access to the guest or affiliate wireless access. You will need to login with your NetID and password.
Guest NetIDs can be issued by employees of UW-Madison only.
Employees with affiliated organizations (e.g. UW Hospitals, Wisconsin Alumni Association, etc) must also have a valid appointment with UW-Madison in order to be able to create Guest NetIDs.
- The employee must put an expiration date on the Guest NetID when creating it.
- Once the account expires, it cannot be re-issued.
- If a guest needs to have their access extended, their host can create a new Guest NetID.
There is no charge for this service.
Please see the Department Administrator if you have questions about Guest Net IDs and UW Wireless Access.