PI Portal: How to impersonate a PI
If you are a lab manager, research administrator, or a person who provides support to a PI in any other capacity, you may be able to view a PI's information in the portal.
To impersonate someone:
- Click the Impersonate link at the top of any page of the portal.
- The impersonate screen shows two drop-down menus:
- If a principal investigator has explicitly delegated viewing rights to you, find their name in the first drop-down menu. Then click the Assume Role button next to the drop-down menu.
- If you are authorized to view and route documents in WISPER, you can impersonate PIs whose appointments match your WISPER authorizations. You can also impersonate PIs whose sponsored projects are administered in an org unit that matches your WISPER authorizations. For example: If you are an administrator in the Waisman Center, you can impersonate:
- any PI who has an appointment in the Waisman Center
- any PI whose research projects are administered through the Waisman Center, regardless of the home department in which they hold an appointment
- People in this second drop-down menu do not need to delegate viewing rights to you. To impersonate someone from this second drop-down menu, choose their name. Then click the Assume Role button next to the drop-down menu.