Installing Microsoft Software on Personally-owned Computers
This document provides sources and instructions to students, facutly, and staff for common Microsoft software, such as Office 365, Windows 10, and Bootcamp.
Office (for students, faculty, and staff)
- To download Office for Mac and Windows, go to the Office 365 portal.
To get a key and download link for Windows 10 Education (students only)...
- Login to the Campus Software Library.
- Click on the Microsoft for Personally-owned Computers link.
- Scroll down to the email address field and confirm that your email address is correct. If it's not, correct it.
- Scroll down to the "Microsoft Windows 10 Education 64-bit for students" item, click on it, and, if you agree with them, accept the license terms.
- The Windows 10 Edu 64-bit ISO download will begin
- Within 60 minutes, we will send you an email with an installation key
- System Requirements from Microsoft. Browse Microsoft's own installation instructions for further information.
- Microsoft limits each student to one installation key for Windows 10 Education. If you have previously obtained an installation key and download link from this page, or are not eligible for it, Windows 10 will not be visible to you.
- The Windows 10 installers can be used to upgrade computers running the Pro or Home editions of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. They can also be used for a clean (non-upgrade) installation on other versions/editions of Windows, or in a virtual machine on Macintosh in either Parallels or Boot Camp, assuming the computers meet Windows 10 system requirements.
- If you need a 32-bit Windows 10 Edu installer, please use Microsoft's Media Creation Tool. You'll still need to initiate the 64-bit download from the CSL to get a key, but you can cancel it before it completes.
- Please see Apple's Bootcamp Installation Instructions for help with installation.
- Additional requirements for Boot Camp:
- Only 64-bit Windows 10 supported
- You must:
- install Windows 10 (64-bit) in a separate partition
- have Boot Camp 6 or later installed
- For more information and a list of supported machines, please visit Apple's Bootcamp Installation Instructions
To better assist you with any issues that may occur when downloading software, all downloads are linked to a NetID.