WiscIT Powered by Cherwell: Known Issues List
This document lists known issues and possible work arounds in WiscIT Powered by Cherwell.
Known Issues in Cherwell
Web Client: "A task was cancelled." error appears after leaving text editor open for 2 minutes
- See WiscIT - Known Issue - Emails not sending from web client after error "A task was cancelled." for full details and workaround
Web Client: Wrong requestor name selected after using "Find Related Item" button
- See [Link for document 96742 is unavailable at this time] for full details and workaround
- Issue: The requestor will be selected incorrectly if the "Find Related Item" button (lines and magnifying glass) is clicked after entering a customer's NetID into the requestor field.
- Workaround: Enter in the requestor's NetID and then select a different field on the incident form. The requestor field should then populate with the name.
Web Client: Responses to inbound emails not logging as journals
- See [Link for document 91342 is unavailable at this time] for full details and workaround
- Issue: After replying to an inbound email using the Email -> Reply drop-down, the email is not logged as a Journal in the incident.
- Workaround: Reply to emails by clicking the email under the requestor's name, or by using an email template one-step.
Web Client: Error when logging into Web Client via Safari on OSX or all browsers in iOS
- Issue: When using either Safari in OSX or any browser in iOS, users will encounter a 404 error when logging into the WiscIT web client.
- Workaround: Use Chrome or Firefox on OSX. There is no workaround iOS other than using a Windows or Mac computer if available.
Dashboard widgets: Date Range feature does not work
- Issue: see [Link for document 89503 is unavailable at this time] for full details and work around.
Web Client: Blank page after login
- Issue: Sometimes when logging into the Web Client you may get a blank white screen.
- Workaround: Go the URL field with your cursor and press enter.
Viewing Multiple Incidents at the Same Time
- Issue: How can you view multiple incidents at the same time?
- Workaround: The web client does not have this ability, you can only view one incident at a time. Within the Installed client you can click on File-->New Window or if you are viewing incidents in a grid, right click on the incident you wish to open and select Go To Record in New Window.
Journals are difficult to read and there are a lot of entries
- Issue: There are a lot of journal entries and a lot of them appear to be system data
- Workaround: Use the Concatenated Journal View above the Description field for a list of all journals in chronological order.
Web Client: Unable to print CIs, CRs, or tasks
- Issue: Unable to print CI's, CRs, or tasks from the web client.
- Workaround: This is a known limitation of web client, use the thick client to print these items.
Web Client: Reports don't print the correct incident
- Issue: When running a report in the Web Client, it will use the first incident from when the report was created vs. the current incident.
- Workaroound: Run the report from the Windows Thick Client.
Web Client: Scrolling within a drop down menu closes
- Issue: When you are in a drop down menu such as Sub Category and scroll down, when your mouse hits the bottom of the menu the drop down menu closes and the entire incident scrolls down.
- Workaround: This is primarily an issue on Macintosh systems, the work around is to slowly scroll or use down arrow keys on keyboard.