Kaltura - How to Change Media Thumbnails (UW-Madison)
This document describes how to upload, select, or auto-generate a thumbnail for a media item in Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Launch Chrome or Firefox and go to Kaltura MediaSpace: mediaspace.wisc.edu. If you need more information on how to log in to MediaSpace please see Kaltura - How to Log in to Kaltura MediaSpace (UW-Madison) .
- Click on your name or the person silhouette icon in the upper right corner and click My Media:
- Search for or scroll until you find the video you want to edit. Click on the media’s Edit button to the right of the right of the thumbnail - it looks like a pencil:
- Click the Thumbnails tab:
- Click one of the listed buttons: Upload Thumbnail, Capture, or Auto-Generate. Each of these options provides the following functionality:
- Upload Thumbnail: Upload a thumbnail from your desktop and use it as the default thumbnail.
- Capture: Use the player to seek the frame you would like to use as your default thumbnail and then click on the Capture button.
- Auto-Generate: Select one thumbnail from ten automatically generated thumbnails of this video and set it as the default thumbnail.