Office 365 (Thunderbird) - Sorting Messages
Sorting messages in Thunderbird is a simple process, simply follow the steps below.
- Open Thunderbird
- On the top of the Inbox (or selected folder) there is a bar with options including Subject, From, Date, as well as icons for Attachments, Starred, Junk Status (looks like a recycling symbol) and a Swirl to view by thread.
- Click the word or icon you want to sort by
- If you select Subject or From, the sort will be alphabetical. Click twice to sort in reverse alphabetical order
- If you select Date, the sort will be earliest to latest, or click again for latest to earliest
- If you select the paperclip icon for attachments, messages with attachments will group together at the top, click again and they will group at the bottom
- If you select the star icon, messages with the star will group together at the top, click again and they will group at the bottom
- If you select the swirl, messages will group themselves by thread (all messages and replies in a single conversation.) Click again to ungroup.