Office 365 (Thunderbird) - Create an email message
Creating a message is as simple as clicking the Write button on the top bar.
Note: The screenshots in this document are from a Mac, the actions are the same across operating systems though the appearance may be slightly different.
- Open Thunderbird
- At the top left of the window, select the Write button.
- To send the message from an account other than your default account, click the From field and select the desired send account.
Tip The keyboard shortcut to create a new e-mail message is + N on a Mac and Ctlr + N in Windows.
- In to the To field, type the names or addresses of the recipients who you are sending the message to.
- Thunderbird will automatically display names of your stored contacts and recently used addresses.
- Toggle between To, Cc and Bcc using the To box to the left of recipient names
- In the Subject box, type the subject of the message.
- Compose your message and then click Send in the upper left of the message pane
- To save message as a draft, close the message then click Save as Draft.
- While you work offline, you can create new messages that Outlook can automatically send later. After you click Send, the message is stored in the Outbox and is sent the next time that you connect to the network or Internet.