UW-Madison Google Apps - Creating and Sharing Google Docs
This document describes how to create and share content in Google Drive.
- Access UW-Madison Google Apps by going to https://www.doit.wisc.edu/services/google-apps and clicking Log In to Your UW-Madison Google Apps Account.
- Enter your NetID and password, then click log-in.
- You should be automatically redirected to Drive. If not, you can find Drive from the apps menu in the upper right corner.
- Once you are in Drive, you can create content by clicking the Create button. There are six options under this menu. Click on the option you are looking for to get started.
- Google Apps automatically saves as you go along. When you are finished, you can return to your Drive by clicking the button in the upper left corner. (The color of this button will vary depending on what type of content you are creating.)
- To share a document in Google Drive, first right-click the item you want to share, and select Share from the dropdown menu.
- In the Sharing settings, you can invite people by entering their email addresses or names and clicking Send. Names will only work for users that are in your address book or the Wisc directory.
- NOTE: Intellectual property stored or shared outside of the UW-Madison's Google Apps domain is not protected by UW-Madison's license agreement with Google.
- Click the change link if you would like to change the visibility options, then click save.
- Once you are finished, click Done. The people that you shared your document with will be notified via email.