This document provides a brief description of the Committee on Academic Staff Issues.
The Office of Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education Committee on Academic Staff Issues (OVCRGE-CASI) exists to advise the Vice Chancellor on matters of concern to Academic Staff. The Vice Chancellor may ask us for advice and we may volunteer advice to the Vice Chancellor. We welcome input from Academic Staff about issues we are considering and about any other issues of concern to you.
- Representing OVCRGE academic staff in the development and review of all OVCRGE policies and procedures concerning OVCRGE academic staff
- Promoting a positive climate and enhance an appreciation for diversity among OVCRGE academic staff
- Advising the Vice Chancellor on OVCRGE program decisions likely to affect promotional opportunities or lead to nonrenewal or layoff of OVCRGE academic staff
- Recommending opportunities for participation of OVCRGE academic staff in governance
- Recommending opportunities for recognition of OVCRGE academic staff contributions to the excellence of the OVCRGE
- Recommending mentoring and professional development programs for OVCRGE academic staff
- Representing the OVCRGE academic staff in communications to the Academic Staff Assembly (ASA) and its Standing Committees, the Academic Staff Executive Committee (ASEC), the Academic Staff Public Representation Organization (ASPRO), other campus committees, and the Secretary of the Academic Staff
- Serving as a forum for discussion of the concerns of OVCRGE academic staff.
- 2021-22 Annual Report
- 2016-2020 5-Year Review
- 2019-20 Annual Report
- 2018-19 Annual Report
- 2017-18 Annual Report
- 2017 Impact Report