Web Hosting - Web Usage Statistics
Web usage statistics are available for Windows/IIS and Linux/Apache based web accounts and are presented using AWStats web log file analyzer.
Statistics and logs roll over and are available going back one year from the current date.
Windows IIS & LAMP Accounts
- Login to your Plesk control panel.
- Click the Web Statistics icon to open the AWStats web based report (If a new windows does not open please check your browser popup blocker).
- By default the stats are protected with the same UserID/password as set for the primary/role-based Secure FTP when the account was originally created. To view the stats enter the same information or proceed to step 4.
- If you wish to change or add a login and/or password for your Web Stats page, go to Password-Protected Directories (see Web Hosting - Password Protecting Your Site). Altering the settings for the /plesk-stat folder will allow you to modify or add new credentials to view Web Stats.
- These reports give a site owner a general idea of the traffic patterns -- For custom statistics you can also access the raw log files (see Web Hosting - Log File Access) and create reports using various Web Log Analysis software.
- Google Analytics can be used for more detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources and supports the concept of a behavior flow, usually desired for business analysis. The basic service is free and the most widely used website statistics service.