Web Hosting - Managing MySQL Databases
On our Linux platforms, MySQL databases and users for them are created and managed via the Plesk Administrative Control Panel and can be also be administered with the built in PHPMyAdmin module.
Note: If you want to connection externally and/or require a more robust management tool, you can choose from any number of database management applications.
- Make the external connection using the same hostname of the website/domain to which the MySQL DB belongs.
- Connections to MySQL on port 3306 are restricted to on-campus IP space and WiscVPN connections.
- On the restricted data platforms ports are only open to specific developer static IPs who are contacts for the account.
Apache/Linux (LAMP) Accounts
Follow these instructions to manage databases for your LAMP account:
- Log in to the Plesk Control Panel.
- Go to the homepage or select the Websites & Domains tab.
- Select the Databases icon.
- Add a MySQL Database: Click the Add New Database button.
- Manage Database Users: Click the Database icon. Here you can add new users or edit existing users for the corresponding database.
- Manage Database via phpMyAdmin: Select the database you wish to manage by clicking Select Existing Database (next to the Database icon). You can delete a database or database user by checking the box next to the item you'd like to delete and clicking the Remove icon.
See Web Hosting - Database Policies for more information about additional enterprise level database options and policies.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.