Office 365 (iOS) - Configure the native email/calendar app for iPhone, iPad, iPod
This document explains how to add or reconfigure your UW-Madison email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Important: Certain mobile devices that connect to your Office 365 account via the Exchange/ActiveSync protocol can be remotely wiped. This is a useful feature that can help protect your privacy. Please read about Office 365 remote device wipe to see if your device supports this, and learn how it works. If you do not want remote wipe capability via Office 365, your device may have the option to connect via IMAP. If connected via IMAP, you will only have access to your email.
- Configure iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Reconfigure iPhone/iPad/iPod to use Modern Authentication
- Configure Access to the Campus Directory (Whitepages)
- Open Settings.
- View Apple's documentation on how to add an email account to your device.
- Select Exchange or Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your email account and tap Next.
Note: If you are unsure whether to configure a NetID account or a service account, please contact your domain administrator or the DoIT HelpDesk.
- Description: Name your email account or leave blank.
- Select Sign In.
- Log in with the following information:
- NetID Account: netid
- Service Account: username_domain.
- Note:For multi-level domains, firstname.lastname@example.org, use the following format: username_domain1.domain2.
- Note: Ensure you include the @wisc.edu extension for Microsoft Exchange login. For SSO login, enter the netid (without @wisc.edu).
- Password: Enter the password for your account being configured.
- Authorize Duo Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Note: If you do not have Duo enabled for your email@example.com account, you will not see the prompts in steps 7-8.
- Click Accept.
- Select the services you'd like to enable then tap Save .
Select Mail Days to Sync and set it to No Limit if you would like all of the mail in your inbox to be synced to your device. The default time period is one week. Note: The more mail that is synced, the longer it may take to get all your messages on to the device.
Enable password security for your account to ensure you are using modern authentication to connect to the Office 365 service.
Note: If your original WiscMail/WiscMail Plus account was configured on this device, use the following instructions to remove the account: Office 365 - iOS - Removing an email/calendar account.
View Apple's documentation on where to find the mail setting on your device.
Select your UW-Madison email account from the list of Mail accounts.
Select the Delete Account option located at the bottom of the page.
Readd your UW-Madison email account by following the steps above.
After you reconfigure your UW-Madison email account, you will need to enable password security for your account to complete the modern authentication configuration.
Remember: the Global Address List (GAL) will only contain Office 365 accounts. Therefore, you may still need access to the Campus Directory (Whitepages) to find the person you are searching for.