SIS - Service Indicators/Holds: Add
A Service Indicator, often referred to as a hold, is added to a student’s record to indicate something has been completed or needs to be completed, such as meet with an advisor or pay a fee. Services impacted often include not being able to enroll (add/drop/swap) and/or request official student records, such as a transcript.
- Navigate to Manage Service Indicators page:
- Search: Manage Service Indicators; or
- Tile: Student Records WorkCenter; or
- NavBar >Navigator: >Campus Community >Service Indicators >Person >Manage Service Indicators
- Use the Find page to locate the student’s record.
- Verify the service indicator is not already in place.
- Select Add Service Indicator.
- Verify or enter Institution = UWMSN.
- Enter Service Indicator Code.
Tip: Select magnifying glass Service Indicator Code lookup button to view the Service Indicator Code(s) you can place.
- Enter Reason.
- Select magnifying glass Reason lookup button to view the service indicator Reason code(s) you can place.
- Scroll to bottom of page and notice student's Services Impacted:
- Enter Start Term; the term you want to start impacting the student's enrollment.
- Enter or verify today’s date in Start Date.
Tip: If this service indicator is for a future Start Term, Start Date determines when the student will start seeing the hold.
- If desired, complete any optional fields.
Examples include: Amount, Contact ID, Comments
Note: Students do not see Comments.
- Refer to Service Indicator Page Field Definitions for any field specific usage questions.
- Select OK to save.
- To search for a different student, select [Return to Search] and [Clear] ID.
- Your security determines which service indicator(s) you can add.
- If Start Term is entered and End Term is left blank, and the Services Impacted include 'no enrollment activity', the student will not be able to add, drop, nor swap from the specified Start Term or any future term until the service indicator is removed.
- A service indicator that prevents enrollment requires a Start Term; also enter a current or future Start Date.
This date determines when a student can view their hold in MyUW.
- If you want the service indicator to only be in affect for one term, enter the same term number in Start Term and End Term.
You can also specify an End Date.
- The name of the advisor can be specified in the Contact ID field. Student view their advisors in Academic Navigator.
- A department should avoid placing multiple FEB service indicators.
If a student has more than one fine for the same department, the total can be specified in the Amount field and/or details can be typed in the Comments field.
- To mass assign service indicators (greater than 50), contact email@example.com