AEFIS - Eval Survey Schedule - Changing to a New Survey Template for an Ongoing Survey Schedule (Admin) [UW-Madison]
This document describes how to change to a new survey template for ongoing AEFIS survey schedules.
If a new survey template has been created for the department, and you want to switch all new surveys to this template, there are two ways you can make this change:
- Stop the current survey schedule and start a new one
- Edit the existing ongoing survey schedule with the new template.
This document describes option b: how to edit an existing survey.
Adding a New Survey Template
Locating In-Progress Surveys
- From the AEFIS Dashboard, select the Main Menu icon.
- Select Survey Schedules
- On the Survey Schedules dashboard, select +Add a filter, and then Owner.
- Choose Department or College (depending on the scope of your AEFIS responsibilities).
- Select +Add a filter, again. Then select Status.
- Next, select In Progress. (This way, you will only be viewing current, active survey schedules.)
All your In Progress survey schedules are now displayed.
Note: Make sure you make this change before the next semester is active and surveys have been created. If the next semester is active, it will NOT update existing surveys. If you haven't started assigning courses for the next semester, you could delete the associated surveys and proceed with steps below.
Adding the Template
For each survey schedule:
- Select Manage.
- Select Un-Publish (blue button, upper-right).
Note: Only complete this step if the next semester is not active.
- In the resulting pop-up window, select Un-Publish.
- Select Details (in the left-hand navigation bar).
- The third box is the current Survey Template. Select the down arrow to choose the new template. If the down arrow is not showing, you have not un-published the survey schedule.
- Select Save.
- Make sure the current semester surveys have been deleted (AEFIS - Eval Survey Instance - Deleting a Survey Instance (Admin) [UW-Madison]) These surveys will be created with the new survey template after this step. Before publishing, go to Settings and select the current term. If you run this survey every term, also check to run this survey schedule every term.
- REMEMBER: You must re-publish this survey schedule. Select Publish (blue button, upper-right).