DoIT Shared Tools - GitLab Pages
GitLab Pages allows you to publish your GitLab project files as a website with its own URL.
Each GitLab Pages site runs under a unique URL generated by GitLab from the name of the GitLab group and project. The domain name always ends with *.pages.doit.wisc.edu.
Example URL: group.pages.doit.wisc.edu/project
GitLab Pages is most appropriate for publishing websites that:
- Do not need a custom domain name (e.g. yourdepartment.wisc.edu)
- Are primarily for communicating with UW-Madison Staff and Students
- Do not need to have UW-Madison branding
- Will only be edited by members of your GitLab Group
GitLab offers several ways of creating a GitLab Pages site for your project.
Additionally, you may be interested in checking out:
- WiscWeb - A platform for creating and maintaining UW-Madison branded websites via WordPress.
- DoIT Web Hosting - A community test and production web hosting environment for UW-Madison and its affiliates offering web hosting accounts on various platforms.