Teaching at UW: Sequence learning pathways to promote student motivation and success
Resources from the Teaching at UW: Sequence learning pathways to promote student motivation and success event
Sequence learning pathways to promote student motivation and success
The identification of activities that achieve course outcomes is an essential part of course design and delivery. This session will explore ways of organizing and sequencing planned activities, as well as the process of evaluating the effectiveness and completeness of a learning pathway.
Identify content, activities, and assessments that facilitate student achievement of course learning outcomes.
Recognize and apply elements of a learning pathway.
Consider active learning strategies within a learning pathway.
- In Person Session: PowerPoint presentation
- Virtual Session: Google Slides
- Learning Pathway Handout
- How to design a hybrid course
- Course Syllabus Requirements
- Writing Course Learning Outcomes
- Backward Design Step 4: Identify Unit Objectives
- Backward Design Step 6: Select Learning Activities For Your Course
- Backward Design Step 7: Integrate Course Elements
- Active Learning