SIS/Student Groups - Inactivating a Student from a Student Group
This document outlines how to inactive a student from a Student Group.
By inactivating a student from a student group, a record of their group association is kept. To inactive a student group from a student’s record, follow the steps below:
Navigate to the Student Groups page using the path of your choice
- Student Records WorkCenter, Student Groups, or > Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > Student Groups
- Use the Find page to locate the student's records
- > Records and Enrollment > Career and Program Information > View Student Groups by Student.
- Use the Find page to locate the Student Group you want to view.
- Select [Get Results].
- Find the student you need to change.
- Select their row's Details link
Find the specific student group you wish to make 'inactive.'
Tip: Use the row counter bar to move around
Note: Verify you are inactivating the correct student group!
Select lower [+] Add button to the right of Status. A new effective date row will display.
Change Effective Date if needed. Effective Date will display the appropriate date.
Change Status to 'Inactive.'
If wanted, add or change Comments.
Note: If Comments were on the previous row, they copy to the new row.
Select [Save] or [OK]. The student is now 'inactive' in this student group.