Transferology Lab User Guide
This document outlines how to use TransferologyLab to view equivalencies.
How To Get Access
For Faculty and Staff attempting to access TransferologyLab:
If you were directed to TransferologyLab because an email said an account was created for you:
Follow the link in your email and create a password to complete your account setup.
If you did not receive an email to set up a Transferology Lab account:
Click "Request Lab Account" under Log In button at TransferologyLab.com
Enter required information. Be sure to use your firstname.lastname@example.org email address
Wait for an administrator to approve your account
Follow the email sent to the email address you used to verify and attempt to log in
1. Navigate to TransferologyLab.com
2. Select Log in at the top right or Enter the lab
3. The username is the UW email.If you do not remember your password, select "Can't log in". If you do not have a lab account, select "Request Lab Account". TransferologyLab accounts are available for faculty and staff. If you use TES, the login credentials are the exact same as TransferologyLab. If you change your password in either tool, it will change your password for both tools.
4. Once logged in, you will be taken to the home page.
View Course Equivalencies
2. The "Transferring To" institution will default to UW-Madison. Leave this default as-is to verify how courses will transfer to UW-Madison. The "Transferring To" institution can be changed by typing in the box to see how UW-Madison's courses transfer to another institution that uses Transferology.
3.The "Filter" on the right hand side will default to Wisconsin institutions. The filter can be changed to another state or "All Locations" for all institutions. The institutions appear in alphabetical order. Search for a specific institution by typing the name in the "Transferring From" box.
4. Select green magnifying glass button to view the equivalencies for that institution.
5. The default setting is the first department alphabetically at that institution. Select the box to choose a specific department or view all equivalencies.
6. The transfer course appears on the left hand side of the page. The transfer course department and number must match exactly to the course at the transfer institution for the equivalency to be valid. When two courses are grouped together indicated by "and", both courses must be completed in order to receive the equivalency. If there is a date after the course title, it indicates when the equivalency began. This does not indicate when the course was last reviewed. Course equivalencies seen in TransferologyLab are active equivalencies with an end date in the future.
The UW equivalent appears on the right hand side of the page. After the course title, it indicates how many credits may be earned for the course. Elective credits are hyperlinked with breadth and level information. Scroll over the hyperlink to view the attributes.
Beneath the UW equivalent, there are notes that indicate when the course was last reviewed. If there are no notes, then the course hasn't recently been reviewed. Students should not submit reevaluations for courses that were recently reviewed.
7. The results may be printed or exported by selecting the corresponding button.
8. Select "Return to Search" to return to the list of institutions.